Friday, August 22, 2014

An Amazing Start!

What fun we have had this week.  I am sure by now you have heard all about the ALS water challenge.  Well, I hope your child shared with you the fact that they doused me with ice water on our first day and the whole school did it today.  I would really love to share photos on the website, but I need to make sure ALL media forms have been returned.  If you have not yet returned yours, please do asap and I can get some great pictures up for you including a video!

Until I can post photos, I thought I would give you a little information on this week.  We have been familiarizing ourselves with rules and safety and routine.  They are doing great with lockers and folders! I am also starting beginning of the year assessments for their portfolios.  This is one of my favorite things to do because in just a short time you can see such amazing changes.

We will be starting our Little Red Riding unit.  We will also begin our Religion program.  Specials began on Thursday and Mass will begin next Wednesday.  Just something to remember as we get into work mode, when assisting or practicing name writing at home, remember it is upper case followed by all lower case letters ie: Boyle, not BOYLE.  We need to be on the same page with that.  It is a hard habit to break.  :)

Finally, with all this heat, a water bottle is VERY helpful.  Please label the water bottle.  It would also be helpful if you could put their snack in a ziplock or paper bag with their name on it.  Based on the week and playing around with different set ups, we have decided that this would be better for the children starting as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your patience and help thus far.  If you have any questions, feel free to email me.  Have a great weekend and THANKS to all who donated to the ice bucket challenge. 

Blessings,
Mrs. Boyle

No comments:

Post a Comment