Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

I hope that you all had a restful and joyful vacation! I know I enjoyed every minute, but I am ready to see some smiling faces. I am sure the children all have great stories to share with us.

Many thanks to Mrs. Petrenko and Mrs. Vasilokolopoulous for planning our party.  Thanks to all the other parents who came to help as well as donated items for the party.  It was a great success!  The children had a great time.

This week, we will be reviewing colors, shapes, sounds etc from the first half of the year. We will be celebrating The Feast of the 3 Kings this Friday.   Next week, we will be starting Jj and talking a lot about WINTER! I know we have been without snow and that probably feels odd to most of us, but it is WINTER!

Small groups will be back in full swing starting Friday.  I have been working with groups depending on their ability level.  Some are working on fine motor basics, some are reading and some are doing math.  Science and Friend of the Week will continue next week. 

In the up coming months, we have exciting things planned.  There is a probable field trip, an opera presented by US in prek-4, a visit from a children's dentist, silly hat day, Seuss week, International week and that all all just through March.  Please be tuned for all notices and blog updates.  They will have bits of info in each that pertain to some of these events.

FINALLY... I want to thank Ms. Jennifer Schilling and SpaBark for contributing their time and service for our benefit.  We raised enough money to purchase the projector and misc. items that need to go with the projector.  It should be delivered by Thursday this week and I am VERY hopeful to have it up and running by Monday the 9th! I am so excited to be able to share this style of learning with your children.  As soon as it is up and the children are able to use it, I will post photos.

Happy New Year and Warm blessings on your family!
TB

No comments:

Post a Comment