Sunday, August 21, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR!!



Well, the time has come.  We all love a good vacation, but now it is back to work.  Above is some of the fruit of my labor.

My kids along with all the other CPS students still have a couple more weeks.  Most others have returned.  So first off, I want to wish all my old students a WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!!! Many of them are even starting new adventures in new schools, so I pray that the transition is "easy breezy!"

Next, I want to welcome all my NEW kiddos to LUSA!  I am so excited to finally get  the chance to teach you all!  We will be reading, writing, dancing, playing, exploring and so much more.  The first week will be a getting to know each other week.  We will be writing our classroom rules together as well as starting to enforce them.  These will be posted in my blog after we write them on Tuesday.  We will also be working on routine and independence.  The morning drop off is so important. I ask that you PLEASE stick to the requested drop off routine.  Mrs. Kim Hoffman will be meeting all late students at the door.  PLEASE try to be on time.  Remember, tardiness on a regular basis is very disruptive to the rest of the class and our routine.

Finally, please check your child's folder every day.  There is already a bunch of valuable information coming home Monday and Thursday this week for sure.  This is a purple home and school folder that is also an essential part of responsibility and routine for the children.  If it gets lost, I will ask that you replace it and let me know.

OK, so until later this week, I look forward to our new time together.  I pray that our days are filled with excitement for education and I ask that you do the same.

Tanya Boyle

No comments:

Post a Comment